Friday, September 27, 2013

Conversation with My Dad (Through the Eyes of My Son)

Me: " "
Son thinking: Italicized
Son talking: CAPS

"Alright Pop, it's me and you tomorrow, OK?!"
     I'll be glad just to sit on the couch and watch Rocky all day.
"What do you want to do?" "We can go to the park play basketball, do a couple of laps, go to the museum..."
     We can play the Wii game, watch some TV...
WHAT ABOUT THE STORE?  YOUR MONEY, BUY A TOY THAT'S NEW?! MAYBE WE CAN BUY MOMMY AND MADDIE SOMETHING AT THE MALL!
"Maybe, but we can't do everything, so we'd have to choose what we want to do."
WHY?
"Time is limited and we only have a few. So we have to choose something."
ANYTHING?
"Something!  Anything that will keep you/me entertaining, non aggravating, and won't make me wish I didn't give you the choice."
Hmmm
CAN WE GO TO THE MOVIES?  GET MC DONALD'S ?  GO TO THE STORE, GET A TOY, COME HOME, AND WATCH AN EPISODE OF THE VOICE?
"You are your Mother's Son. We'll see."
YES?
"Maybe"
YES?!
"Maybe, if you listen and prove those ears work to me."
YES!
I knew he would!  My Dad is the greatest!  Older version of me...ageless!
THANK YOU DADDY!
"Your welcome buddy."
OH YEAH! I'M GOING TO GET A TOY! WHERE'S MY WALLET AND MY MONEY? WE GOING TO PLAY BASKETBALL AT THE PARK WHILE IS SUNNY!
"Brush your teeth, say your prayers, get in the..."
I ALREADY DID!
"OK, get in bed!"
Thank you God, for my Daddy, for me being off from school tomorrow, and for my pillow pet that I lay down my head. Amen!
LOVE YOU DADDY!
"I love you too buddy! Goodnight!"
GOODNIGHT!
I can't wait for tomorrow!

Arch1tekt™


No comments:

Post a Comment