Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Thoughts of Mediocricy

Educated, book-smart, 5-year degree graduated, but I have thoughts of mediocricy.
I never mind which way the wind blows, a trend flows from generation through class, but I still rock my chain to remind me I was once part of those I see.
Conceal the soft metal, but I want to swing it with every stride that I walk;
Knowing my ancestors wore similar with a lackluster and forced not to talk.
Complex - minded, I see answers to problems that do not exist.
Advanced Algebra, my XY is said to be predisposed, but my Sum is derived from the square root of His image.
Pause as I explain how anti-homophobic I am.
Prove my anti-slur rhetoric can persist amongst the four letter nouns and verbs spewing sewage.
I want to stunt just like the next man, but my ego gets a boost when the new foams I bought are styro, sparking an inquisitive son to be a pyro, winning him first place at the scientific fair.
My hair. Course, thick, wavy but touch not.
She said, "Take that wave cap off, it's a bit much." Knot tired, fitted over, this ain't no trend! This is how I picked her up, this is my lifestyle believed!
Five times each direction, the boars hair de-curls every forty-five degrees until a back at square one is achieved.
Then the poly-nylon is back at it, over covering my line up, suffocating my hair to continue to recreate the choppy sea.
I say to my son, "Nah don't do it like that, go like this, and they gonna flock to you like this."
Despite that, I raised him right, he wants to open a book, he wants to read and write.
He keeps me focused, grounded when I want to act like how I feel,
He mirrors my moves, mediocricy is not an option. My thoughts is how I feel and how I feel is what once was real.

Arch1tekt™

No comments:

Post a Comment